The Galaxy S5 is the latest phone in Samsung’s extremely popular Galaxy S product line. The GS5 has enhanced features that make the phone more usable in a variety of situations. Here are our top five favorite new attributes.
- Better Camera: This version includes a 16-megapixel camera that will dynamically adjust to compensate for and correct ambient light levels (previous version had a 13-megapixel camera).
- More Secure: In addition to the lock screen options that were available on previous models, the Galaxy S5 has a finger print scanner that will ensure you and only you have access to your device and all of the personal information you have stored on it. The scanner can also be set to restrict purchases made on your phone, so your kids can’t accidentally make a bunch of in-app purchases and rack up your bill.
- Better Health Tracking: The Galaxy S5 features the first ever built-in heart rate monitor. If used with the S-Health Application, the device can also keep track of your steps and calories burned.
- Designed for adaptability: While keeping the same sleek form factor that helped to make its predecessors so popular, the GS5 adds the features of being water and dust resistant. This feature is our favorite because it makes the phone more rugged, allowing you to keep your phone with you in more situations and thereby increasing its utility.
- Handy Extras: The Samsung Watch On app is built into the device and allows you to use your GS5 as a remote control for your TV, Home Theater and Cable box. It shows what TV shows are on at any given time, based on your cable provider, and you can easily program each of these devices into your GS5.
The phone is available now on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile in all Car Toys retail stores.