We’re not shy to say that one of the best things about today’s smart phones are their ability to effectively kill time and cure boredom. With the plethora of games, entertainment and media options available in the app stores, you can easily get lost in the digital multimedia world. But if the world of animation and video exceeds your entertainment attention span, you can always turn to the most classic form of personal entertainment… good ‘ol reading.
However, taking part in the “old school” entertainment format doesn’t mean you have to kick your digital device to the curb, and it also means you don’t necessarily have to invest in a the latest e-reader gizmo either. Thanks to the Kindle App available for Android, you can download hundreds of thousands of titles from Amazon (approximately 725,000 actually!) directly to your Android smart phone. The best part? The app is completely free, so no need to shell out $140 for a Kindle to read as many books as your brain can absorb. You’re welcome.
- Add, edit or delete notes and highlights
- Search inside the book for words or phrases
- Choose to lock the screen orientation in either landscape or portrait
- Look up words on Wikipedia and Dictionary.com
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Adjust the text size, add bookmarks, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible device
- Turn pages with the flick of your finger or a tap of the screen
Download it for yourself and let us know what you think!